Monday, April 23, 2012

Welcome to the Civil War!

My friend, Mark, does Civil War reenactments with 8th Kansas. Every year, a living museum in our area has a Civil War day. This year I was able to take the girls with me to see it. They had a great time! They each used their money from Easter to buy a digital camera and they enjoyed taking pictures, too. Here are a few of the pictures I took...

The girls taking photos of the soldiers' camp:
The soldiers grabbing some lunch:
Confederate soldiers headed to the battleground:
Yankee soldiers firing on the rebels:
 
 
 

Here are a couple pictures Aubry took: 
 
 

And some photos that Ashlyn took: 
 
 


It was a beautiful day and we had a great time!

4 comments:

  1. great pics!  looks like a fun time :)
    thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes...we had lots of fun! 
    Thank you for stopping by my blog as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen one of those in real life but it seems like a great way to make history come to life :P Do you go every year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is definitely educational! I have gone once before a few years ago...but this was the first time I was able to take my kids to the reenactment. They thought it was great! And they really learned a lot, too. We've gone to the living museum several times but the reenactments are special events. 

    There's also another event this weekend...it's actually a WWII reenactment at the VA Hospital. That should be interesting...I'm curious how it will play out and the differences between reenactments concerning the time periods and everything. 

    ReplyDelete