Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mom VoxBox!

I don't remember exactly how I came to know about influenster.com but I think it's a really neat concept. And today my first voxbox arrived! We always love happy mail days. :) I knew it was going to be arriving soon, so for the last several days, Ashlyn has been walking out to the mailbox with me because she loves when packages arrive.

We got back home and she helped me open the box...

Here's what we've got: 
 - The Original Dish Drying Mat 
 - Stash Tea Superfruits Tea Sampler  
 - Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-On Manicure 
 - Nektar Sweetener 
 - DenTek floss (Comfort Clean and Fun Flossers) 
 - Ivory bar of soap 
 - Quaker Soft Baked Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

The first thing I noticed was the bar of Ivory soap...mostly because I could smell it. We tend to use bodywash so the bar of soap is going to my dad. He loves it. I really like the Dish Drying Mat because I don't have a dishwasher and have to wash my dishes by hand...so this will come in handy. I already like DenTek floss and the girls really liked getting some for themselves. I really don't drink tea or use sweetener so those items aren't something I'm interested in. I love Quaker stuff but raisins aren't really my thing so maybe my mom or dad will like the cookie. ;) 


The one thing that was a big hit around here was the imPRESS nails by Broadway Nails. The ones that were sent in the box were a brownish color and shorter than my own nails so I wasn't going to use them. But I do have a diva girl in my house and she was super excited about them. She looooves fingernail polish and we've used the "kid" oriented stick-on nails before she thought these were super special. The brown color also happened to match her leopard print skirt and shirt she was wearing today. 


Of course, now she's realizing that it's hard to do things like pick up little stuff when she has long nails on. I can only imagine what she's going to think if she goes to pick her nose. :P I imagine that she won't want to keep them on very long, but she still thought they were super cool. I really like the pre-colored nails and I also like that there's no glue or anything to mess with. 


Overall, not a bad box. If nothing else, I love the picture I got of Ashlyn and her nails. :) 





3 comments:

  1. Stephanie JohnstonJune 27, 2012 at 1:17 AM

    Have you thought about brewing some tea and maybe adding a bit of juice to make a tea-juice blend? Especially since they're already fruity teas to begin with, perhaps juice would play nicely off of that...Maybe sweetened-augmented tea would be the way to go :) You could always try just one glass and if it's yucky, toss it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not a bad idea...I may have to try that. :) And...they're samples so like you said, I could try it and then just toss it out if it's yucky. And who knows...maybe I'll have actually found a tea I like! :) 
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still waiting for mine....

    ReplyDelete