Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Slacker-ness!

I don't think slackerness is actually a word. Actually I did google it...I found it on urbandictionary.com but I don't think that counts. But anyway...it's been about 4 days since I wrote in here and I was hoping to be a little more consistent.

I've been feeling like crap the last 2-3 weeks. I've had a constant headache. Sometimes it's better and sometimes it's unbearable. It's definitely wearing me out, though. It's also messing with my sleep. I was all excited because I actually got to bed at like 8:30pm...except then I woke up at 11:30pm and now I can't sleep. :P At the moment my head doesn't hurt very bad though so I'm putting that in the plus column.

Right now I'm trying to work on some photo-editing. My mom took some photos for me and I've been working on getting the finished product done. I'm also watching Dawson's Creek while I work. Did anyone else watch that show in the 90s? I was in high school at that time so it was rather pertinent to my life. I spent every week during the first several seasons watching the show with a friend of mine. It's funny to go back and watch it now that my life has experienced a lot more things. Of course, it does make me a little terrified of the fact that my own children will be teenagers before I know it.

But for right now they're still my little girls. And they're doing really well in school! We just got report cards back from this quarter and I'm so proud of them! Aubry got all As including 100% in Science, Health/PE, and Music. She didn't get lower than 95% in any of her subjects. And Ashlyn got all As and 1 B! She is reading 3 levels ahead and her teacher says she is "an absolute joy to have in class." I have such good kids. :)

I'm contemplating school, too. I just graduated in December and I'm already thinking about going back. I really do want to become licensed...either as a social worker or psychologist. I could get my Substance Abuse certification and become licensed and start practicing without my Master's degree but it's limiting. And it would be almost 30 credits to get all the required coursework...but with about 15 more, I could actually have my Master's degree. But there's so many issues about going back to school...what program, where, how much, etc. So...trying to figure it all out.

But for now...back to editing photos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment