Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Happy Happy Happy!

Photobucket


- I'm happy that I'm starting to actually DO more with Pinterest. It's inspired me to think of new ways to be more organized. And I've tried some new recipes. Last week I had my parents and my sister over for Crockpot BBQ Chicken. It was hard smelling it cooking for 4 hours! Aubry and Ashlyn thought it was a bit spicy but everyone liked it. Last night, I had two leftover chicken breasts and I felt like more BBQ chicken. I decided to change it up a bit...biggest thing cooking it in the sauce on the stove instead of the crockpot. I cut it into strips so it didn't take long to cook. And it tasted AWESOME. It wasn't as spicy, either, so I think the girls will like it better, too. I kinda just threw some ingredients together but I did try to put the recipe together and added it to pinterest. My cameraphone doesn't take the most awesome food pictures but I only had about 5 seconds before I started stuffing my face. ;) This summer I hope to do a lot of the craft projects with the girls that I've found on pinterest.

- I've started playing Draw Something. I've seen people talking about it for awhile and I downloaded it...but hadn't played. Last night I couldn't sleep because of vertigo and a headache so I thought I'd jump in. I really like playing it...even though it kinda makes me feel a bit self-conscious about my art skills. Especially when they can see the pictures you've "trashed" too. lol. :P I've discovered I'm really not that great at drawing with my finger on my phone. And I have a Zagg screen protector and it's kinda rubbery-ish and not very smooth so that doesn't help. But I've really liked playing and seeing what other people draw. :) My username is tinycandi if you want to play with me!

- The school called to say that Ashlyn has a fever so I went to pick her up. I'm not happy that she's sick...but I'm happy that it means we get to cuddle on the couch together until her dad gets home from work. She's asleep now.

- Watching CSI Miami makes me happy...and I'm super happy that there were new episodes this week. Of course, I haven't watched the two newest episodes because I've been busy working on pictures so I just watch reruns on my TV instead of the new ones on my computer. But they're there when I'm ready! :)

- Speaking of pictures...I finished the 1 week photo shoot of my niece! So now I just have her baptism pictures...which I'm about 1/4 of the way through. :P But I really like working on my pictures so it's not too bad. After the baptism pictures I'll have some time to catch up on my own...I have Ashlyn's music program and need to catch up on my 366day photo project.

- The weather is BEAUTIFUL. Today it's supposed to be 80 here in Kansas! My friend Mark is going to take me out for a ride on his motorcycle this week...if the weather stays nice. So hopefully it works out! :)

- My phone is dying...which doesn't really make me happy...but I am available for an upgrade in April so that makes me happy! I think I'm going to get the HTC Rezound...anyone have any experience with that phone? According to the specs it has everything I want (mostly impressed with the 8mp rear camera and 2mp front camera). Right now I have the HTC Incredible which I've LOVED but after the phone upgrade a couple months ago, my phone hasn't been the same. It randomly turns off, does funny things when I'm on the phone, and just in the last couple weeks my speaker blew. BUT...just one more month and I get a brand spanking new phone! :) Shiny new electronics make me happy.

- I'm just in a really good mood today...which is nice because I guess I've been PMSing the last week...I've been pretty darn cranky. So...being happy goes on my happy list! :)

What is your happy list? Link up and share!

6 comments:

  1. I've decided that I must follow your blog since you have a daughter named Aubry (albeit a different spelling from my name). That chicken sounds so yummy! Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Aubry/Aubrey is a pretty great name, isn't it?! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a lot of things to be Happy about!  Good job with changing up the recipe and posting your own.  I bet it was very rewarding to take your new little niece's picture.  I love it when the weather changes and every one enjoys it!  HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love draw something too!!  It makes me happy as well as CSI but I like New York better :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man i am sooo addicted to DrawSomething...add me let's play! QTFNGRL 

    i love making meals in my Crockpot. i use it a lot in the winter months.

    thanks for linking up, this is a fantastic Happy List!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great Happy List.  That game sounds like fun, but I am an artist, so I would probably like it.  

    Linking from Mamarazzi's.xo,Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete