Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WWTK - Week 47

Photobucket
Hosted by Mamarazzi, Queso and Crazymama


{1} What is your favorite way to celebrate birthdays? - I love to go out to dinner. Simple...but I like it. :)
{2} Which is more fun to celebrate? Celebrating yours or your loved ones? - Oh always celebrating other birthdays. I love to spoil my loved ones. :) And I'm not really a "center of attention" kind of person. Take me to dinner, tell me happy birthday...nothing else. My mom and I feel the same way about our birthdays. But now my kids...I absolutely LOVE preparing their parties and doing special things for their birthdays. My mom was the same way with us. And for the girls' first three birthdays, she makes their birthday dresses (just like she did with me and my sister). And because I LOVE their birthdays...here are some pictures (and we're big on themes!):
Aubry's 1st Birthday - Sesame Street

...and her birthday dress:

Aubry's 2nd Birthday - Finding Nemo

...and her birthday dress:

Aubry's 3rd Birthday - Carebears

...and the famous 3rd bday dress my mom has made for me, my sister, both my girls, and will make for both my nieces (same pattern, different colors)

Ashlyn's 1st Birthday - Unicorns

...and her dress:

Aubry's 4th Birthday - Dora
...she wore one of my old dresses that my mom made

Ashlyn's 2nd birthday - Strawberry Shortcake
...didn't get good pictures of the decor but she had a cute dress and outfit:

Aubry's 5th Birthday - Happy Feet

Ashlyn's 3rd birthday - My Little Pony

...and the dress my mom made:

Aubry's 6th birthday we had a party at the zoo with some friends.
Ashlyn's 4th Birthday - Blue's Clues
...the first year I actually made the cakes.

Aubry's 7th birthday we planned a luau but it rained. :-/ So we had cake and food at two of my grandparents' houses.
Ashlyn's 5th birthday - Disney Princess
...she wore one of my old dresses

Aubry's 8th birthday at Chuck-E-Cheese

Ashlyn's 6th birthday we went to my grandparents' house then went to a fall festival and Old Cowtown Museum with my parents.
Aubry's 9th birthday we went to Great Wolf Lodge and plan to go back for Ashlyn's 9th. They got their first pedicures and free ice cream.

And Ashlyn's 7th birthday was a cupcake theme at Paint the Towne


{3} What is your dessert of choice for birthday celebrating? - I really, really love the strawberry chantilly cake that we get from a local bakery here. Okay...so if someone wants to get me one of those cakes for my birthday, I'm okay with that, too. ;)
{4} Tell us about your best birthday you've ever had. - I've really had a lot of amazing birthdays. When I was a kid...my mom went all out and it really made our birthdays special. How about some more pictures?!
Smurfette!

Carebear 3rd Birthday - Same dress pattern as my kids!

And probably my favorite...Rainbow Brite for my 4th Birthday!


I mean...seriously. Look at this! My mom drew these! And that dress is the same one Aubry wore for her 4th birthday...

{5} Share your favorite birthday song - Hm...can't really think of a birthday song that I like.
{6} Bonus Question: if you could pick any age to be again, how old would you be and why? I would only want to go backward if I could approach life with the knowledge I have now. And...I'd actually probably go back to my 9th birthday. I wouldn't have quit dance, wouldn't have paid so much attention to boys as I got older, and I would have focused more on homework (instead of boys!) and gone away somewhere to college right after high school. But...my life is pretty good as it is so I can't complain. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Those are some awesome birthday parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness. i am so in love with all of this theme birthday cuteness! the dresses are so fun!! so many great pictures!!

    thanks for linking up, clearly birthdays are YOUR thing and you do it well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I really enjoy putting together their parties...and most importantly they seem to really enjoy them, too. I hope they do the same with their own kids. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! your balloon arches are darn fabulous and all the dressses are darling. love the fluffy one best.

    thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete