Friday, May 18, 2012

Boob Tube Finales



Boob Tube Babble

Linking up this week to talk some more about TV... SPOILER ALERT...I'm talking about some TV show finales so if you haven't seen them and don't want to be spoiled, don't look! :P 

 Yep...I watched the finale of Grey's Anatomy. And I think I'm in the minority but I actually liked it. I hated the Season 3 Yang/Burke wedding finale, Season 5 Izzie Cancer/George Dies finale, and the Season 7 shooting finale. Hmm...I guess next year I won't like the finale. :P I think how viewers feel about the finale depends on how they felt about Lexie. I really like Lexie...but she wasn't a make or break character for me. Plus, I'd already pretty much figured out she was going to be the one to go. She and Arizona were the only ones on the plane who hadn't re-upped their contracts and Lexie looked to be in a lot worse shape than Arizona. I really liked Lexie and Mark together and their scenes in the finale were pretty heartbreaking (I'll admit, I cried)...but I'll still watch. I'm just glad McSteamy will still be around because he's sexy no matter who he's with. ;) He looks like he needs some comforting...I'll volunteer! ;)

Let's see...what other finales have I been watching...

Private Practice - Aww...poor Amelia. It was a really sad episode but it was a pretty good one. Violet gets on my nerves at times but I really like Pete and hope everything works out with him. I didn't used to like Charlotte but she's become one of my favorites, too. The only part of the episode I didn't like was the end. I'm over the whole Sam and Addison thing and I think she should stick with Jake. I'll be irritated if she accepts Sam's lame proposal...too little too late, in my opinion. 

NCIS - GREAT episode. I don't think any of the main characters will die in that one. They left it open as a cliffhanger...but I think everyone will be okay. The biggest shock was Ducky having a heart attack at the end, but I know he has re-upped and will be back. 

Criminal Minds - I thought the finale was pretty good. I'm sad to see Emily go but I think it will all work out alright. I think it will depend more on if they replace her and who they replace her with. Now Rossi...I'll be very sad if he ever leaves. :P He had a lot of good episodes this season and I loved the arc they had with his first wife. He needed some comforting too...I'd volunteer for him, too. ;) I'm excited for the next season.  

Once Upon a Time - I liked the finale. I pretty much knew Emma was going to wake up Henry with "true love" because it's a fairytale, after all. I really just started watching this show because I was bored one night but I've really liked it. I'm glad it will be back next season. I'll be curious to see how they play it out with magic coming back. 

The Secret Circle - I only started watching this show because Joe Lando was on it and I like that guy. But...they made him a bad guy and then killed him off so...I wasn't that upset that the show wasn't renewed for a second season because I wouldn't have been watching anyway. But...it was interesting while I did watch it. I'd like to see Joe Lando on TV some more, though. ;) 

House and SVU finales will air next week. I hadn't been much into House the last couple years but the last episodes of the series have been pretty good. I'm kinda indifferent to it being the last season of that show. But I'm REALLY sad that CSI Miami won't be back...it was one of my favorites. Tripp and Walter were my favorite. :) SVU has had a really good year so I'm glad it will be back. I was afraid it would suck after Elliot left, but they've done a good job with it and I'm still watching. 

I'm glad Burn Notice will be starting again in about a month! I've missed it! So I'm really excited about that. Gene Simmons Family Jewels will be back again this month so it'll be nice to have some new episodes of a show to watch through the summer. Oh! And I'm really liking Ice Loves Coco so hopefully that will be back sometime soon, too. 

I think that's it! 


8 comments:

  1. oh man, i can't wait til june 14th when burn notice returns :)

    i was annoyed with ncis. and i don't think anyone will die but i will be sad if ducky dies! i hate jamie lee curtis' character and the whole fire-on-the-ship-harper dearing storyline is WAY over done, it has been at least 4 episodes in total.

    i loved the criminal minds episode, finally jj and will are married! i like the happy/family-like endings they have had this season.

    cute blog you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...I was getting tired of the Dearing storyline. I was indifferent to Ryan...sometimes I didn't mind her and sometimes she was just on my nerves. I've already seen talk about how things will go for Ducky next season (and he has signed a 2 year contract) so I can assure you that he won't be dying. :) 

    Thanks for stopping by! And thanks for the cute blog comment! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lexie def wasn't a make or break character for me either...I was sad she died, but really, what choked me up was when Hunt and Teddy were in the operating room and Teddy was explaining her loyalty to Hunt. I don't know why that got me!
    And Private Practice is irritating to me...it's just...sitting there...nothing moves forward except finally Addison got a kid. I don't like Violet at all. Somebody smack her.
    You comfort McDreamy and I'll smack Violet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Lexi so I am super super sad :( 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah...the Hunt and Teddy moments were good. I liked when he said she was fired and she walked out crying but then walked back in. I think that scene was nice closure for her character. I read there *might* be more deaths in the forest...in which case I'm guessing Arizona. It sure as heck better not be Mark because I love me some McSteamy! 
    And yeah...go ahead and smack Violet. I won't mind. I'll comfort Pete, too. ;) 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah...I liked her character but I really LOVED the moments between her and Mark. At least that was beautiful if they were going to go there. All I can say is Mark better make it now because then it won't be so beautiful. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was sad to see Emily go too but as long as Shemar stays.... ;) 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes...Shemar is very yummy! I am partial to Joe Mantegna for some reason...just a good-looking older dude. ;) 

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete