Thursday, May 10, 2012

TV Moms

Pioneer Woman had a blog post about TV moms and it got me to thinking about other TV moms. Her list was good...especially Caroline from Little House on the Prairie! That one was my favorite on her list. Loved that show growing up. There have been a lot of good moms represented on TV as well as variety in what kind of moms they were.

So...here are some more TV moms that I liked...

Clair Huxtable (The Cosby Show) - She was smart and funny and was a career woman. She loved her kids and taught them right from wrong. I think she was trying to raise her children to be good people...and that's something that I think is important. And she was funny. :)

Jill Taylor (Home Improvement) - As a mom...I think she was someone people could relate to. She had an annoying husband but she loved him...and often was more like the single mom of four children. ;) She had three boys...which I can't relate to specifically but I do like the way she taught them right from wrong and was always there for her kids. I also liked that the had Jill go back to school...I think it's important to show that we can do that...and do it well.

Carol Brady (Brady Bunch) - I think it wasn't very realistic in the sense that she was a little too perfect most of the time...but a good mom nonetheless. It was interesting to see the dynamic of the blended family and how she dealt with that as the mother. Of course...I also think she shares that limelight with Alice who was the maid...Alice was awesome. :)

Lucy - (I Love Lucy) - I loved this show! Lucy was funny and quirky and just seemed like a neat type of mom to have. And she reminds me a LOT of my grandma.

Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Okay...so I know she's not a traditional choice but I still like her on the list. They are a completely dysfunctional family, but she loves her kids and is fiercely loyal to her family. She protects them and teaches them right from wrong...even if it's not in the way most people would do. She was funny and I liked the show. :)

What are some other TV moms you like? 

2 comments:

  1. Go Roseanne! Crazy but I still love that stupid show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! It's dysfunctional and all...but it was entertaining. :)

    ReplyDelete