Thursday, May 24, 2012

Health Problems = Suck

I woke up early this morning...and about two hours after I woke up, I wished I was asleep again. I ended up with a major migraine and spent most of the morning with vertigo and nausea. And the nausea is on top of the stomach problems I already have right now. Plus about an hour after the migraine started, I ended up with the worst neuropathy I've had in awhile.

Neuropathy basically feels like a million tiny shards of glass in your skin. So it's extremely painful every time it is touched. I have it in my lower back, stomach, and my legs. The medicine is supposed to help...but sometimes it doesn't Or maybe it helps it not happen as often. But today it's not helping.

There are a couple other MS symptoms going on but it doesn't seem as bad right now as the neuropathy. It wears me out. And it makes me hate to wear clothes. Which kinda sucks when I have to go to Ashlyn's softball game. :P So I found the softest, comfiest pair of pants I could find and made it through. I really didn't care how it looked that I was there in my "pajamas" because I'm 100% sure the person judging me for my comfy pants doesn't know what neuropathy feels like in the first place. So...we'll be happy for your good health, dude, and happy for my comfy pants. And next time...don't make your comments in front of my kid, kthanx.

And now I'm wiiiide awake because all the caffeine I had earlier to help my migraine decided to finally kick in at bedtime. :P So...I'm going to make good use of my time and try to work on these grad school applications!

4 comments:

  1. This sounds so awful.  I have migraines and cannot imagine the pain of neuropathy on top of a migraine. I hope you feel better today... and screw anyone who would judge you! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun. :hugs: Hope you are doing well! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I think the neuropathy might have been brought on by the migraine. I took a muscle relaxer at bedtime and today the migraine is better and the neuropathy isn't as bad. And yeah...considering it was XH making the comments about what I choose to wear...definitely don't care about that. But...I am irritated that it was my youngest daughter who said "Dad and (his girlfriend) were talking about you and said look who showed up in her pajamas." I care less what he thinks and more that he said it where Ashlyn could hear him. :-/ Not that Ashlyn gives a crap what I wear to her game but she doesn't need to hear that stuff from her dad. 

    ReplyDelete