Sunday, May 20, 2012

GREAT Weekend

I'm awake with a massive headache. And vertigo. Vertigo is horrible. HORRIBLE. It's like...if you were to ride a swirling, twisting amusement park ride over and over and over...and then stop the ride. That feeling where the world still feels like it's spinning and you're going to throw up? That's what vertigo feels like. The room is SPINNING. I'm actually not too bad...until I lay down. I've had vertigo off and on before but it wasn't until the last year or so that it started to cause problems when I'm laying down...which kinda sucks when I want to sleep. I can't sleep sitting up...never have been able to recline and sleep. I guess except in a hospital bed where there is a squishy mattress and I can lift the foot of the bed, too. But at home...no.

For some people, vertigo is an ear problem. My mom has had it and the doctor told her it had something to do with "crystals" in her inner ear or something. Mine is a brain thing instead of an ear thing...just one more thing on the list of MS symptoms that I deal with. But...I have some meclizine and that usually helps a little bit. So hopefully I will be able to sleep soon. :)

But anyway...aside from that I had a really great weekend. Friday night, my oldest had a softball game. It was here and aside from being REALLY WINDY it was a pretty good game. She just started her first year of kid pitch so there's a lot of crazy pitches and walking instead of strikes and actually hitting the ball. But luckily there is a 5 run limit PLUS a 1.5 hour time limit. So that helps. After the game we came home and had dinner and showers and then went to bed kinda early since we had to be up early the next morning.

Saturday morning we headed to Botanica for their annual "Teddy Bear Picnic." They had groups of teddy bears set up around the children's garden and the girls had a lot of fun seeing everything. Of course, I got sick about half an hour after we got there. I handed off my camera to my mom and spent the rest of our visit in the bathroom. :-/ I've been having a lot of digestive problems lately which may or may not be related to my adhesive disease (where the organs in the abdomen are fused together by scar tissue). BUT...after a looong half hour or so, I met up with mom and the girls to finish walking back through the garden to leave.

I haven't finished the pictures but here is a quick one that I snapped before we left the children's garden (I'll try to share more on Wordless Wednesday):

Afterwards, we came back into town and went to my grandparents' house. It was my grandma's birthday and a bunch of the family came over for LOTS of food and good times. The adults chatted and the kids played outside all evening until it started thundering. We stayed until about 8pm or so and then we came home, showered, and stayed up watching movies. Well...I stayed up. They played hard and fell asleep before our movie was even over. ;)

Today was a relaxing day. We slept in a little bit and lounged around during the morning. Then the girls got dressed to play outside for a bit. It was muddy from the storm last night so they mostly rode their scooters around. It was cut short, though, because poor Ashlyn got stung by a wasp. It had apparently made its way into her shirt because she got stung THREE times on her stomach. It was my first experience with bee/wasp stings as a mother and I didn't like it. :( Poor kid was crying so hard. She came inside and we put an ice pack on it right away. One of them had already swollen quite a bit. She laid down on the couch while Aubry did some dishes and I fixed lunch. After lunch Ashlyn was feeling better. The two spots on her ribs were just two little dots and not red at all. The lower one on her stomach was still a bit red and swollen. I made a water/baking soda paste and covered it with a bandage to help even more. Then she was feeling all better and wanted to go play at my grandparents' house again. I let them go over for about an hour while I showered and cleaned house a bit. They got home and we had just enough time to play a couple games of Candyland before they had to go to their dad's house.

I actually got out of the house for once and went to spend the evening with a friend of mine. It was nice to just go DO something for awhile. I haven't been feeling well a lot lately so I have been kind of a homebody. But I actually dried my hair and put some make-up on and wore something other than my ratty house shoes. ;) Very low-key but great evening. And yay for Walmart being open 24-hours because I needed to stop and get a few groceries and things on my way home. Now...here I am. :) All in all...pretty good weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment