Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thursday 13: More Random

1. This week has NOT been good. Everything just seems to go wrong. It's nothing SERIOUS...but one of those weeks where you stub your toe and then turn around and stub it again.

2. I spent the day cleaning house. Well actually I spent the first half of the day with my kids but then I cleaned house.

3. The kids and I watched movies and played board games. Aubry won two games of Sorry. I don't think she was sorry. ;)

4. I've started creating art again. I'm not painting because I don't really have a good spot in my apartment to oil paint and all of my supplies are at my mom's...but I found my colored pencils and I'm starting a few little things. I'm excited about that.

5. Still working on grad school applications. Uuugggghhh.

6. I've been all about strawberry shortcake lately. The food, not the little Hasbro doll. ;) Ashlyn likes the doll but hates the dessert...mostly because she doesn't like "whoop cream." Silly girl! ;)

7. I bought a bunch of books after I graduated...things I wanted to continue studying in the field. I still have yet to finish the one I started first. :P I'm more than halfway done now, though! I just don't make a lot of time to read. I sit down and read 10-20 pages and then I start thinking of all the other things I need to do. Most of my reading occurs when I'm waiting. I got most of the pages read when I was in waiting rooms at the doctor's office and the DMV. :P

8. It's probably really sad that my leisure reading consists of books about criminal psychology, substance abuse, and social work theories. :P

9. Friday I will be spending the day going to garage sales with my dad. :) We've gone together the last couple years and it's always fun. I don't really spend a whole lot of time with my dad because we just don't have much in common (other than our personalities!), he's a dude so small talk usually consists of him talking about his glory days, and most of the time he's playing outside with my kids. But a whole day buying someone else's junk that we probably don't need...that's always good times. :)

10. I don't have cable but I have all my TV shows on DVD. I tend to cycle through all my favorite shows and have daily marathons of whatever show I happen to be fixated on at the time. Currently it's Grey's Anatomy. Mark "McSteamy" Sloan is so yummy. It came to me the first time I saw McSteamy on the show and now I can't see my McSteamy without thinking of the resemblance.

11. I really, really like riding on the back of the motorcycle. SO relaxing and fun. It's probably been one of my favorite "me" things to do so far this spring/summer. :)

12. The girls can't wait to go back to Botanica. The butterfly house opened this week and they're SO excited to see it again. We also need to go to the zoo and children's museum again.

13. Mostly we've been busy with a whole lot of softball. From yesterday until June 22, one of the girls has a game EVERY weeknight. That's a lot of softball. I'm not really too happy with Aubry's level this year. We are a rec team and some of the teams we're playing are competitive teams. The difference in experience is HUGE. This is the first year for our girls to be playing kid pitch and some of the other teams...they're 9 and 10 year olds and they're throwing hard and fast. It wouldn't be that bad...except two games now the other team has hit at least four of our players. These girls seem to have lots of speed but absolutely no control. It just irritates me. But...I'm not a fanatical die-hard sports fan, either, so...maybe it's just me. :P

2 comments:

  1. Eventually they'll hate the game if people keep getting whacked! :(
    I love Garage saling.
    Sorry you've had a crap week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that I wrote my post in html and forgot the line breaks. :-/ Still trying to get used to the new blogger interface. UGH. 

    Anyway...yeah...our girls are too scared when they get up to bat that most of the time they don't even try to hit the ball...they're worried thinking about getting hit by the ball instead. And those pitchers are going to end up throwing out their arms before they even get to high school. They are throwing wild bitches and just watching them, you can tell they're straining their arms. Ugh. Just drives me crazy. 

    And I love garage sales, too! Ever since I was little! I think my mom is going to go with us, too. It'll be fun. :) 

    And thanks for the crap week sympathy. Hopefully it'll all get better soon! 

    ReplyDelete