Saturday, May 19, 2012

Such a slacker...

I know...I'm such a blogger slacker. There are lots of posts sitting in my drafts folder...all half-finished and abandoned. I either got busy, got bored, or just changed my mind about what to write about. It's been a lot harder to get back into blogging after a year off than I thought it would be.

Plus I feel busy lately. Even if it's not a very "structured" busy with lots and lots of plans and such...I just FEEL like I have a lot to be doing. Cleaning house, researching and applying to grad schools, working on pictures, taking pictures, doing things with the kids, helping with their school projects, making dinner, running errands, trying to get my health back on track, etc. I just sit on the couch and my mind still goes 100 miles an hour.

For example, right now it's after midnight and I'm sitting on my couch with my laptop. I have a spreadsheet open that has all my grad school options listed. I've narrowed my list down to 10 schools. I already applied for FAFSA for all 10 and now I have to fill out all my applications. I'm all good except for the whole personal statement part. WHY it's so hard for me to write these stupid little 300-1000 word essays about myself, I really have no idea. I'm a writer...and I write about myself a lot! But I guess the fact that it's sort of a "make or break" situation concerning admission...there just feels like more pressure. BLAH.

Anyway...I also have my Paint Shop Pro Photo XI open and I'm editing pictures from last month's Family Fun Day at mom's (which seems to be taking forever to get done). I still haven't even worked on the pictures from Ashlyn's school field trip to the zoo last week. I think I'll take a break from these hundreds of fun day pictures and move on to the zoo pictures. See...mind still going in all directions.

I also have a video converter program open so that I can convert some of these video files into a format that will play on my dvd player. Then I also have facebook and email and google reader open. I pop over to MWOP every once in awhile. And then sometimes I get distracted thinking of something else and go look that up or whatever. And then sometimes I get hungry or thirsty and go to the kitchen. I have a lot of things I want to get done and I think trying to do everything at one time is actually slowing me down and not helping me be productive. Yet that's how I always do it...crazy multi-tasking. :P

And here I am again thinking this blog post is really, really boring and who really cares about any of this anyway? But hey...a post is a post. Maybe I'll be able to get back in the swing of things if I just start actually blogging! What a concept. :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment